post-graduate studies within Africa, outside of their own countries for
2019/2020 academic year. Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Programme aims
to nurture leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders
who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African
countries. MINDS Scholarships are applicable to full-time studies of a one or
two-year Honors or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred
institutions (listed below). MINDS does not prescribe the course to be
Worth of Award
The Scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend.
Individuals with a Pan-African outlook, demonstrated leadership
ability and an excellent academic record who wish to study on the
African continent, outside their home country are invited to apply for
MINDS Scholarship, an applicant must have been accepted to study at one
of the following institutions:
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
How to Apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, you can submit your
application by clicking on the link below. Please have the following
documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded
must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single-sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the
applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or
potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the
Deadline: applications are open.