Job at Old Mutual Kenya – Reinsurance & Underwriting Officer UAP Insurance Tanzania
Position: Reinsurance & Underwriting Officer, UAP Insurance TanzaniaRecruiter : Old Mutual Kenya
REF: 1427/KENY/GT/Reinsurance & Underwriting Officer/Kenya/211119
To monitor the various reinsurance arrangements including treaty and facultative reinsurance protection for all classes of business written by the company in line with the companies operating manuals.
Qualification:Bachelor’s Degree & progress towards CII qualifications, Reinsurance certificate
The following key behavioral competencies are required to be successful in this role.–
Strong interpersonal skillsOrganized and self-drivenKnowledge of Reinsurance Treaty, Facultative wording and Reinsurance slips preparationGood analytical skillsComputer knowledge Ability to communicate effectivelyGood understanding of general Insurance products
To perform routine reinsurance administrative duties, such as maintaining records· To verify and process payments for reinsurance companies by providing status reports on paymentsTo organize and prepare monthly and quarterly reports on reinsurance· To record reinsurance information accurately· To perform reconciliation of premium billing statements, WHT tax calculations and maintain various reinsurance registers
· Apply standard rates, calculate premiums, and underwrite new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations
· Generations of renewal notices and follow up
· Prepare premium invoices and collection
· Analyze and assess proposals and risk notes and report to the team leader on the need to carry risk surveys for small to medium size non-standard risks
· Works closely with BD marketing staff/agents, brokers to develop and maintain positive business partnerships
· Liaison with brokers/agents and direct clients to verify information, explain and interpret coverage
· Ensure compliance with standards of service/Customer service charter in all underwriting operations
· Ensure proper documentation and updated records keeping in EDMS
· Perform any other duties as may be requested by Management
4. Deliverables (work elements)
The following detailed outputs are required from this role.
To analyze the risks accepted and ensure risks are yielded properly
To obtain all necessary underwriting information required to place the risk in the reinsurance market.
To arrange proper reinsurance protection as and when required
To manage the administration of the reinsurance activities
To monitor timely submission of closing and accounting documents as well as for settlement of premium recovery of claims from reinsurers
To maintain accuracy of reinsurance contracts with reference to original terms at which reinsurance is accepted
To maintain efficient communication lines between the company and brokers
To prepare reinsurance underwriting and claims statistics on a regular basis and update the same at periodic intervals as per requirements.
To review reinsurance payments/recoveries relating to reinsurance premium, commissioning and claims