Job Opportunity at World Vision – Sponsorship & Program Facilitators
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Effectively and efficiently facilitate Implementation of program development and sponsorship at the project level to ensure that communities are empowered for sustainable development and they contribute to child wellbeing outcome as per World Vision standards
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Implementation and reporting of planned activities
- Participate in planning and budgeting, preparation of work plans, implementation of planned activities and monitoring/ reporting of progress.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community level engagements.
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and Seminars.
- Identify local level partners, support and facilitate the partnership in the implementation of planned activities.
- Facilitate stakeholders and partners in supervision and monitoring of programmatic activities.
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories on monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annually.
Community engagement and advocacy
- Sensitize community empowerment through TEAM approach by organizing commercial producer groups (CPG) and formation of commercial villages.
- Mobilize and facilitate integration of Vision Fund Tanzania(VFT) and Resilience Project Models such as Market Led Agriculture, Local Value Chain Development (LVCD), Standardized Saving Groups (eg Village loan saving Association (VSLA) and other Economic development initiatives
- Innovatively support communities including RC households to participate and benefit from the programme development and make intentional inclusion of RC families in CPG, VSLA, Village Community Bank (VICOBA) and other program economic activities
- Sensitize community on sponsorship (RC parents/ guardians, community leaders and other community members) and facilitate participation in the sponsorship management project activities
- Mobilize and facilitate active participation of children and their communities to participate in planning, monitoring and implementation and evaluation of community development initiatives.
- Build the capacity of children, families and community to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues.
- Follow-up on commitments by leaders on improvement of the wellbeing of children.
- Mobilize communities to participate in annual children care and protection days – such as the Day of African child.
Management of sponsorship performance
- Monitoring of RC in line with partnership standards.
- RC records and files well managed and stored securely.
- Support RCs to correspond with sponsors in a timely manner.
- Facilitate processing of all special mails; Christmas cards, Spontaneous letters, APR, introductory letters within partnership standard.
- Support children to respond to sponsor correspondences- Sponsor letters and introductory letters.
- Support management of Support Office Queries, Gift Notifications, mails, and file copies of correspondences in children’s files.
- Conduct and produce quality periodic mailings Annual Progress Report – (APR) and Christmas Cards.
- Take quality pictures according to the required standards.
- Mobilize and support RC families to adequately prepare for and manage sponsor visits.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required:Diploma/Degree from accredited College/University in Agric. Business., Sociology, Community Development, Psychology & Education related field.
Experience:1 – 2 years in programming
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High integrity.
- Partnering and engaging with stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Report writing skills
- Networking and influencing skills.
- Highly reliable and dependable.
- Passion for children.
- Skills in Programming.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors
- Computer skills
- Community Facilitation skills
- Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Few office work with frequent visits to the field
Travel: 20% Domestic travel is required and On call: 50%