Job Vacancy at ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) – Country Director
POSITION: COUNTRY DIRECTOR, ACTIONAID TANZANIALOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIAWomen candidates are highly encouraged to apply!Closing date for receiving applications is 06th December, 2019
ActionAid Tanzania is a non-partisan & non-religious development organisation that has been working in Tanzania since 1998 to end poverty and injustices.
ActionAid Tanzania is among the leading anti-poverty agencies working directly with poor and excluded people and their agencies as well as development partners in Tanzania.
It has over 20 years of demonstrated experience in the development sector in the country. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Country Director tenable at its Head Office in Dar Es Salaam.
The Country Director, reporting to the National Board and the Head of Country Coordination, Africa I will inspire the mission of the organization, strategic leadership and financial sustainability as well as guidance to harness ActionAid Tanzania’s human, financial and other resources as well as partnerships in delivering the organisation’s mandate in line with its values and established policies.
Qualifications & Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have a post graduate degree either in social sciences, development studies, management, international development studies or any other development related fields.
- Ten years of relevant experience, five years of which must be at the senior management level of a development organisation working in poverty alleviation programmes with proven initiatives, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment.
- Experience working as Country Director for a similar organisation, including proven ability to lead and develop the capacities of multi‐disciplinary professional team undertaking comprehensive poverty alleviation strategy is an advantage
- Strong analytical, problem solving, crisis management, conflict management and risk management skills.
- Proven experience in financial management and financial control and management systems.
- Sound awareness of the political, social, economic and historic environment in which ActionAid’s poverty alleviation programmes are operating at both national and community levels.
- Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts with human rights-based approach, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field.
- Fund raising skills with the knowledge of the donors’ landscape in Eastern African countries in general and Tanzania in particular.
- Experience in external engagements, networking, working with social movements, youth and feminist led movements
- Proven experience in managing complex financial control and management systems.
- Demonstrable experience in leading complex change processes
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting ActionAid Tanzania.
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements, send your CV, motivation cover letter to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm 6th December, 2019 East African Time.
You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role indicating which position you are applying for.
ActionAid Tanzania welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity.
All applications will be considered on their individual merit. An attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with ActionAid Tanzania Pay and Benefits Policy.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants.