Senior Petroleum Inspectors
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, World class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian are invited to apply.
Post Title: Senior Petroleum Inspectors – 2 Posts
Duty Station: EWURA Zone Offices
Reports to: Zonal Manager
A Senior Petroleum Inspector will be assisting the Zonal Manager in all matters related to petroleum regulatory activities at Zonal level; and functionally, repoit to the Principal Petroleum Inspector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To implement the work plan as prepared and cascaded by the Principal Petroleum Inspector.
- To participate in process of establishing standards for petroleum infrastructure and products.
- To participate in formulating of rules and regulations for petroleum products and infrastructure.
- To participate in field inspections on providers of petroleum products so as to establish conformity with standards.
- To assist in soliciting, recording and processing feedback from providers of petroleum products regarding effects of regulatory policies and activities and recommend appropriate action.
- To study and recommend appropriate conditions for licensing before forwarding to the Principal Petroleum Inspector.
- To assist in monitoring and evaluating adherence to provisions of the Petroleum Act and other relevant legislation by providers of petroleum products and recommend appropriate actions, when need be.
- To participate in working with other divisions to find amicable solutions over disputes involving providers of petroleum products and consumers.
- To effectively supervise and guide staff member(s) reporting to the job position.
- To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Possession Bachelor’s degree in engineering majoring in Petroleum, Chemical Processing, Mechanical, Civil or Environment.
- Possession of Master’s degree or Postgraduate qualifications in the fields mentioned above will be an added advantage.
- Must be registered as Professional Engineer by an Engineers Registration Board (ERB).
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (IC-T) application.
- Possession of at least five (5) years working experience in the relevant field.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Abilitv to work in a dynamic team:
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 21st February,2020.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor. PSSSF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857