Quinoa And Artichoke Roast With Masala Sauce Recipe:
- Serves 4
- 200 g quinoa real
- 200 g strained Greek yogurt
- 160 g (organic)carrots,
- 120 g minced beef (optional)
- 100 g Asiago cheese
- 80 g Parmesan grated
- 40 ml vegetable stock
- 4 artichokes
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bunch parsley extra virgin olive oil
- masala (for vegetables)
- sea salt
- Preparation and cooking time:
- 1 hour
Method To Make Quinoa And Artichoke Roast With Masala Sauce:
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in cold water and cook in boiling salted water
- for about 12 minutes. Drain well and mix in a food processor to a thick, sticky paste.
- Prepare the artichokes by breaking off the tough outer leaves and gouging out any choke.
- Cut each into 4 pieces and dip into water acidulated with the lemon juice.
- Peel the carrot.
- Steam the artichokes for about 20 minutes (if you don’t have a steamer, Blanche in boiling water until the flesh is tender).
- Once cooked, transfer to a food processor with about ten parsley leaves and chop.
- Dice the carrot and Asiago cheese.
- In a non-stick frying pan cook the minced beef with a drop or two of oil and a few tablespoons of stock.
- In a large bowl amalgamate the quinoa, chopped artichoke, diced carrot, and cheese.
- Divide the mixture into two and add the cooked meat to one of the halves.
- Season both halves to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll out about 50 cm of aluminum foil and place the meat and vegetable mixture at the center.
- Wrap the foil around the mixture to form a cylinder, seal up the sides, and twist the ends.
- Repeat the operation with the vegetable mixture.
- Place the two parcels in an oven dish and roast in the preheated oven for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make a sauce by pouring the strained yogurt into a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and stir well.
- Add a pinch of masala and season to taste.
- Stir well. When the two roasts are cooked, leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Open the foil carefully and cut the roasts into 2cm slices.
- Before serving, brown the slices in a non-stick frying pan and serve with the yogurt sauce.
Read Re Quinoa Recipes For Weight Loss: