Quinoa with pumpkin and carrots Easy and delicious:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 100 g pumpkin roughly chopped
- 1 carrot sliced diagonally
- 1 onion finely sliced rosemary finely chopped sage finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preparation and cooking time:
Method to Make Quinoa With Pumpkin and Carrots:
- Rinse the quinoa and toast lightly ina pan. When it begins to release its scent, pour in the hot water, bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- In the meantime, heat the oil with a little water, add the onion and the herbs, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the carrot and sauté for a few minutes. Add the pumpkin and lower the heat.
- Add a drop of water and cook until the vegetables are soft but crisp.
- Add more water if necessary.
- When the quinoa is ready, sauté for a few minutes with the vegetables andm add a splash of soy sauce.
- Serve piping hot.
Crispy Pumpkin And Quinoa:
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 45 g (1/4 cup) currants
- 100 g or 1/2 cup tricolor quinoa
- 250 ml or 1 cup water
- 2 golden delight potatoes, peeled, and chopped
- 75 g or 1/2 cup plain flour, plus 2 tbs extra
- 50 g or 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 75 g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
- grape sees oil, to shallow fry
- tomato relish, lemon wedges and salad leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add onion, garlic and cumin.
- Cook, stirring for 3 minutes until soft.
- Stir in currants for 1 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and water.
- bring to a simmer.
- Simmer stirring occasionally, for 14 minutes until liquid is a absorbed and quinoa is tender. Cool
- Boil Potato and pumpkin in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 15-17 minutes until tender.
- Drain well.
- Return to pan.
- Cook shaking pan, over low heat for 1 minute until excess water evaporates.
- Mash. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place flour and breadcrumbs on separate plates.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl.
- Combine quinoa mixture, pumpkin mixture, feta,coriander and extra flour in a bowl.
- Season well.
- Shape into twelve 10-12cm croquettes.
- Dip in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to lined tray.
- Add oil to a frying pan to come 2cm up side.
- Heat over medium-low heat.
- Cook croquettes, in 3 batches, turning, for 4 minutes until crisp.
- Drain on peper towel.
- Serve with relish, lemon wedges, coriander ans salad.
Some Information About Quinoa:
4. What is quinoa?
Quinoa is a staple food of the ancient civilizations of the Andes of South America, and is mainly grown in the Andean Countries of Peru and Bolivia.
The taxonomic classification is:
• Kingdom: Plantae
• Order: Caryophyllales
• Family: Amaranthaceae
• Subfamily: Chenopodioideae
• Genus: Chenopodium
• Specie: Chenopodium quinoa Willd
Because of its high nutritional value, indigenous peoples and researchers often refer to it as “the golden ‘grain’ of the Andes.”
Read Quinoa Soup