Spaghetti Ring Cake With Healthy Quinoa:
- Serves 4
- 320 g quinoa spaghetti
- 280 g extra-fine flour
- 280 ml fresh milk
- 240 g mozzarella diced, 120 g peas
- 80 g slice of boiled ham
- 40 g Parmesan grated
- 1 knob butter
- 2 eggs nutmeg extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- unrefined salt
- Preparation and cooking time:
- 1 hour
Method to Make Spaghetti Ring Cake With Quinoa:
- Melt the butter and whisk in the flour.
- Gradually pour in the milk to dilute and season to taste. Flavor with a generous grating of nutmeg and bring to boil.
- Turn off the heat and stir in half the Parmesan. Mix well and leave the resulting béchamel to cool.
- Sauté the onion and the peas in 2 tablespoons of oil for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste, allow to cool and stir in 1/3 of the béchamel sauce.
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of pepper and salt and stir in the remaining béchamel sauce and half the mozzarella.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente in a generous amount of boiling salted water, about 4 minutes.
- Drain, refresh in cold running water and stir in the egg mixture.
- In a ring-shaped cake tin, transfer half pasta and cover with the ham, the remaining mozzarella, the peas and the Parmigiano set aside.
- Finish off with the remaining spaghetti and press down well with the back of a spoon. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes, turning the tin round after 10.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 3 minutes.
- Turn out the pasta ring cake onto a dish and serve.
Read More About Quinoa Recipes