Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake
Calories per serving: 427
2 leeks, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced 1 ½ cups quinoa
3 cups chicken broth 1 tbsp fresh thyme
1 tsp dried oregano 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cups asparagus, cut into 2” pieces 1 cup ricotta cheese
2 lemons ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1 cup parmesan, grated salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
- In an oven safe skillet on medium-high heat add butter.
- Add leeks and sauté for for 2-3 minutes, or until leeks soften.
- Add garlic and quinoa and cook for another minute.
- Add broth, thyme and oregano and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until quinoa is almost cooked through.
- Stir in chicken, asparagus, ricotta cheese, the zest and juice of a lemon and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with parmesan and remaining lemon, sliced into rounds.
- Bake in oven at 375ºF for approximately 15 minutes, or until cheese is slightly golden and quinoa is hot and bubbly.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Garlic Shrimp & Quinoa
Servings: 8 Calories per serving: 315
- In a skillet on medium-high heat add butter. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add garlic, chili and smoked paprika and cook until fragrant.
- Add quinoa and stir to combine.
- Add broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover skillet and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add broccoli florets and shrimp.
- Cover skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Season with lemon juice and garnish with sliced green onion.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
For More Quinoa Recipes And Quinoa Salad