Quinoa Rice Recipe:
- 1 Cup of Quinoa
- 1 3/4 Cup of Broth, Stock, or Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil (Canola, Avocado, Sesame)
- 2 Eggs (Scrambled)
- 1 Cup of Carrots (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Cup of Broccoli (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Cup of Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Cup of Frozen Peas
- 1 Tablespoon of Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
- 2 Green onions (Chopped)
- Bring 2 cups of liquid (broth, stock, or water) to a boil with 1 cup of Quinoa.
- Salt to Taste. Once at a boil, bring heat down to low for 13 minutes.
- Fluff Quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- Put a large wok or pan on medium-high heat.
- Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Vegetable oil to the Wok.
- In a bowl, whisk two eggs, add to oil mixture.
- Let fry and gently move the raw egg around the pan to make the shape of a round omelette.
- Once, egg is starting to cook, and just starting to brown, flip with large spatula.
- Fry for another 30 seconds or till cooked. Set egg aside, and cut into small strips.
- Bring the same wok or pan to high heat and add remaining 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- Fry Onion and garlic for a minute.
- Then add carrots, fry for a minute, then add broccoli and ginger.
- Add frozen peas and soysauce.
- Stir. Add white and thicker parts of chopped green onion to the mix.
- Add Quinoa, and cooked eggs to the mixture.
- Add in Oyster Sauce and mix.
- Soy sauce to taste if not salty, or optional sugar if sweetness is desired.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and remaining green onions.
Quinoa Egg Fried Rice:
- Eggs at room temperature – 3 Large
- Pre cooked Quinoa – 2 cups
- Finely chopped Onions -1 cup
- Finely chopped Carrots – 1 cup
- Finely chopped cabbage – 1/2 cup
- Frozen/Fresh Corn and Peas – 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic(freshly crushed) – 1 TBSP
- Salt – 1tsp(as per your taste )
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder(curry powder) – 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil (or your favorite cooking oil) – 2 TBSP
- Soy Sauce – 1TBSP
- Pre heat the pan and add olive oil.
- Then add onions. Sauté well until onions look translucent.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste ,fry well until raw flavor is gone
- .Add carrots ,cabbage and salt and curry powder and turmeric and fry completely.
- In the same pan add little oilve oil and crack the eggs and add pinch of salt and curry powder.
- In low flame, let the eggs set for 5 min.
- Mix eggs and veggies and cook until eggs are completely done(cook in medium flame)
- .you can adjust seasonings here.Add
- Soy sauce and fry for 2 min.
- Then add precooked quinoa to the fried eggs mixture and mix well and add garam masala.
- Give a good mix and cook for 2 more minutes(in low flame).
- Quinoa Egg Fried Rice is ready to serve.
Basic Quinoa Rice
1 cup Quinoa
1 ½ cup Water
1. Wash quinoa and strain the water.
2. Take a pan and add water, quinoa, rice and place the lid and cook it for 20 mins.
3. Now the fluffy basic quinoa rice is ready to serve.