Quinoa Buns With Candied Fruit:
- 320 g brown sugar
- 280 g extra fine flour
- 160 ml milk
- 100 g mixed candied fruit, cubed
- 80 g organic Quinoa
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 sachet cake yeast
- Icing sugar
- Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
- Cook the Quinoa in 240 ml of boiling water for 10 minutes until it absorbs all liquid.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Beat the egg with brown sugar to a thick, frothy cream and dilute with milk.
- Mix the sifted flour with the yeast and cocoa powder, the candied fruits, the raisins and finally, the quinoa.
- Amalgamate well and spoon the mixture into 16 rose shaped silicone ramekins until three quarters full.
- Bake the buns in a preheated oven and leave to cool in the ramekins.
- Turn out the buns, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- 2 cups uncooked Quinoa
- 2 cup of fresh berries
- 3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp sliced almond slices
- Maple syrup
- Cook Quinoa according to the package
- In a 2 cup masson jar and 1/4 cup cooked Quinoa, 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1/2 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 cup fruit, drizzle maple syrup
- 1/4 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup fruit, 1/2 tsp chia seeds,Almond slices and drizzle maple syrup.
- Place in the fridge over night and have this for breakfast or midnight morning snacks.
Apple And Quinoa Cake:
- 2 cups of boiled Quinoa
- 12 shortcrust biscuits
- 2 tablespoons fruit preserve
- 2 golden apples
- 2 cup apples juice
- 2 handfuls hazelnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp agar star anise
- Preparation and cooking time: maximum 1 hour
- Crush the biscuits and hazelnuts to a meal.
- Pour about to cups of apple juice into a saucepan and bring it almost to a boil.
- Dissolve the agar into the juice and remove from the heat.
- Stir well, then add the star anise raisins and rolled oats to infuse for about 10 minutes.
- Strain thoroughly.
- Peel the apple, cut into thick slices, and sprinkle the lemon juice over it.
- Mix the Quinoa with the crushed biscuits and hazelnuts.
- Add the raisins and rolled oats, than gradually strain in the apple juice to obtain a soft, smooth mixture.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper, spoon in the mixture and level off the surface.
- Arrange the apple slices in a fan on the top and spoon over a few tablespoons of fruit preserve or honey ( optional).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C.
- Serve Warm.
Raspberry Almond Quinoa:
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a small saucepan combine Quinoa,almond milk, raspberries, honey and vanilla extract.
- Stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and allow Quinoa to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove quinoa from heat and allow it to sit, covered , for another 5-10 minutes.
- Top with yogurt and chopped almonds.