Quinoa Banana Oat Muffins
- 20 ounces mashed over ripe banana
- about 2 1/3 cups of mashed banana,
- frozen bananas thawed out is fine
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup prewashed quinoa
- dry uncooked ground into a powder
- 2 cups Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats
- 2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg – freshly ground is best
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas using a potato masher or a large fork.
- Mix in the applesauce. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, cardamom, nutmeg and vanilla powder or vanilla extract.
- Stir until well incorporated. Add the quinoa powder, quick cooking steel cut oats, old fashioned oats and ground flaxseed meal.
- Stir until well combined.
- If using metal muffin tins use baking cup liners to prevent sticking or use silicone muffin pans.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes – depending on your oven.
- They take 30 minutes in my Breville Smart Oven Air on the bake function.
- Let cool completely. May be frozen for future enjoyment.
- Yield: 12 muffins