Best and Simple Quinoa Recipes:
Quinoa For Diabetes And Weight Loss
1. Tricolor Quinoa
6. Green Chilly
7. Coriander leaves
8. Coconut Oil
1. Cook Quinoa in water, with salt for 10 mins.
2. Saute Onion, Ginger, and Green Chilies in Coconut Oil till the raw smell goes away.
3. Fry Cashews & Raisins with them.
4. Add Cooked Quinoa into it and mix well and cook for a few mins.
5. Garnish with Coriander leaves & serve hot.
Quinoa Salad with Feta & Garbanzo Beans:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup fresh chopped mint
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine quinoa, scallions, mint, parsley, cucumbers, and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, (I like to use a spouted Pyrex cup) whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and then pour over the quinoa mixture, combine well.
- Gently toss in the tomato and feta cheese.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa:
- 1 cup, Quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups, Water (or Chicken/Vegetable Broth)
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 Sprigs, Thyme (or any other spice or herb you would like to add)
- 2 tbsp, Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup, chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add Quinoa to a bowl, and fill with water. Massage Quinoa grains for 1-2 minutes, until water is murky.
- Drain. Repeat the process until the water is somewhat clear.
- In a pot, heat up 1 3/4 cup of Water with a big pinch of Salt.
- When simmering, add Quinoa and stir. Bring back to the simmer, and then drop the heat to low.
- Cover the pot with aluminum foil (to trap the steam) and a lid, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Chop up Acorn Squash, Zucchini, and Peppers into similar bite-sized pieces.
- Place on a lined baking tray. Toss together with Olive Oil, Thyme, and Salt, and Pepper to Taste.
- Spread into an even layer, and bake for 20-25 minutes until vegetables have softened and slightly browned.
- Transfer Quinoa to a serving plate, and top with Roasted Vegetables and chopped Parsley.
- Toss together.
- Serve topped with Feta on its own, or alongside Fish, Chicken, etc.
Tips For Boost Immunity:
Boost your immunity with these top 8 foods and stay healthy from infections and viruses like coronavirus.
Immunity means the body’s ability to protect itself from foreign invaders like viruses, diseases,s, and infection.
In every country, we hear news about the spread of coronavirus.
The body is most exposed to infections if it is weak
Boost your immunity, top 8 foods to consider
1. Citrus fruits
2. Ginger & Garlic
5. Black Pepper
7. Turmeric and Honey