Light Recipe for Delicious Dinner
Although I do not like to follow the fashions much, and less in food, I must admit that quinoa has already got me out of some trouble when I do not know very well what to prepare to eat. As an example, this Asian style quinoa and shrimp salad that I have already repeated several times for my dinner and that I like more every day that I make it.
It’s simple, tasty, and easy to make, so you have all the tickets for almost everyone to like. The biggest difficulty is leaving the quinoa in its proper place, but don’t worry, because in Direct to the palate we recently gave you some tips for cooking this pseudo-cereal perfectly. So, what a mess!
For 2 persons
- Quinoa 60 g
- Prawns 150 g
- Avocado one
- Canons 100 g
- Cherry tomato 100 g
- Lime juice 20 ml
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Spring onion 2
- Soy sauce 15 ml
- Fresh coriander
- Corn oil 15 ml
- Maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon
How to make Asian-style shrimp quinoa salad
Total time 40 m
Elaboration 25 m
Cooking 15 m
- We will start by boiling the quinoa following the manufacturer’s instructions, but approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain it and reserve it in a bowl.
- Cook the prawns, reserve them.
- Meanwhile we make the dressing, mixing the lime juice and the flaked chili, the oil and the maple syrup.
- Add half the dressing to the quinoa and add the chopped chives, the lamb’s lettuce, the cooked shrimp, the avocado slices and the cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Add salt to taste and top with the rest of the dressing.
- Sprinkle with the chopped fresh coriander.
- We serve quickly.