Super Nutritious Healthy Recipe
In my house there is no shortage of salads throughout the year, but when warmer days arrive they take on much more prominence. This quinoa salad with spicy beef and avocado is proof that you can enjoy delicious, colorful and very nutritious salads without making life very difficult for us.
And it is also a reminder that neither salads have to be vegetarian, nor quinoa or avocado are exclusive to vegan dishes. They can also be combined with animal ingredients without problems; my boyfriend loves meat and occasionally I enrich his salads with chicken, turkey or beef, as in this case. Spicy is optional, but highly recommended.
For 1 people
- Beef fillets one
- Spices to taste (sweet and spicy paprika, cumin, garlic powder, peppers …)
- Cooked quinoa (approximately) 50 g
- Avocado (medium) one
- Lettuce head one
- Tomato one
- Sweet or spicy green pepper one
- Medium red onion one
- Lemon or lime one
- Chipotle marinade (optional) 5 ml
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley or coriander
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make quinoa salad with spicy beef and avocado
Total time 30 m
Elaboration 20 m
Cooking 10 m
- This recipe is ideal to take advantage of quinoa remains, but we can always cook a good amount to prepare the salad and have leftovers for other dishes. In any case, cook according to the package instructions and separate about 50 g (or to taste), allowing them to cool.
- Dry well with the kitchen paper, season with salt and pepper and season with the spice mixture to taste, massaging the fillet well. Cook on the grill or on the grill, marking it on both sides, taking care not to overcook it. The point of the type of cut and the thickness will depend. Let cool 2 minutes and cut into strips.
- Wash the pepper, the bud and the tomato well, dry and chop. Peel the onion and cut into thin julienne strips or cubes. Also cut the avocado half into bite-size pieces.
- Arrange the quinoa in the bottom of a plate or bowl, seasoning and seasoning with spices to taste and a drizzle of olive oil. Distribute all the ingredients on top, crowning with the veal. Add the chipotle sauce lowered with a little water, or use another hot sauce to taste.
- Finish by seasoning the salad and seasoning with olive oil to taste, lemon or lime juice and chopped fresh parsley or cilantro.
- With what to accompany the quinoa salad with beef and avocado
- This plate of quinoa salad with beef and avocado is very complete and nutritious, lightly digested but satiating, so you won’t need to add much more. A natural yogurt or fresh cheese with seasonal fruit for dessert, and we will be more than satisfied. We can adapt the size of the ration to our specific needs or convert it into two smaller dishes to share at dinner with some more snacks.