This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Crispy air fryer jicama fries are a surprisingly tasty and wholesome different to fries. Get pleasure from seasoned low-carb fries which might be each nutritious and scrumptious!
I’m obsessive about my air fryer! I really like utilizing my air fryer to cook dinner all of my greens. Something from corn on the cob to zucchini to even utilizing my air fryer to cook dinner one of the best tender carrots. I extremely advocate that you simply strive all of them out!
What Are Jicama Fries?
In the event you haven’t been correctly launched to jicama fries but, then I’m completely happy to be the primary one to let you know about them! Jicama is a starchy root vegetable that has the same texture to a potato. However it’s even more healthy, and since it’s so comparable, jicama makes one of the best fries! You gained’t have the ability to inform the distinction. I like to chop them up and add flavorful seasonings and throw them within the air fryer, and you’ve got your self unimaginable jicama fries.
Fries are our favourite snack or facet to any burger! We love fries a lot at our home and at all times have fries within the freezer to throw into the air fryer each time we wish. Common French fries are a should within the air fryer, however have you ever tried cooking up some frozen candy potato fries? They’re insanely scrumptious (plus they’re straightforward)! And also you completely can not overlook the waffle fries. They’re wonderful within the air fryer too!
Elements to Make Air Fryer Jicama Fries
I really like this straightforward air fryer recipe! The very best half about it’s that you simply don’t must sacrifice scrumptious for wholesome. It’s easy and straightforward and a pleasant solution to change issues up! Comply with the recipe card beneath for the precise ingredient record.
- Jicama: Only one massive jicama will do! Make sure to peel and slice it into sticks.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil will assist crisp up the fries and assist the seasonings follow the fries. Avocado oil would work too!
- Garlic Powder: The flavour of garlic ought to be in each recipe!
- Smoked Paprika: Smoked paprika has a smokier taste than common paprika, and I’m right here for it!
- Italian Seasoning: The addition of added seasonings and herbs helps taste the jicama completely.
- Grated Parmesan: The salty taste of parmesan is scrumptious on fries.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to style with salt and pepper.
How To Make Air Fryer Jicama Fries
Jicama is definitely actually wholesome, so this recipe will make everybody completely happy… Dad and mom and youngsters included! You’ll want to make these for your entire keto-friendly, vegan, and gluten-free buddies.
- Soak Jicama Sticks: In a big bowl, add the jicama and fill with water till lined.
- Microwave Jicama Sticks: Microwave for 10 minutes or till tender. (You can even boil them for five minutes on the range.)
- Drain and Dry: Pressure and dry the jicama.
- Add oil and seasonings: Add them to a bowl with olive oil, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, parmesan, and salt and pepper.
- Cook dinner within the Air Fryer: Put them within the air fryer basket and cook dinner at 400 levels Fahrenheit for five minutes.
- Shake and Proceed to Cook dinner: Shake the basket and cook dinner one other 5 minutes or till crispy.
- Get pleasure from: Serve together with your favourite dipping sauce or ketchup.
Advantages Of Jicama
These air fryer jicama fries make a traditional recipe so versatile! Jicama has an amazing impartial taste and scrumptious texture. You positively ought to add extra jicama to your weight loss plan and into your recipes!
- Excessive in Fiber: Dietary fiber helps stool transfer extra easily via your digestive tract.
- Vitamin C: Jicama is a wonderful supply of Vitamin C and Vitamin E, and it acts as an antioxidant in your physique.
- Wholesome: Jicama is a root vegetable that’s low in energy, so it’s an amazing choice to decide on if you’re craving these french fries!
- Intestine Wholesome Meals: Jicama comprises a sort of prebiotic fiber that’s good on your intestine.
These air fryer jicama fries are at all times gone straight away at my home, however should you’re fortunate sufficient to have some leftover, right here’s tips on how to preserve them tasting recent and scrumptious! I additionally added some recommendations on reheating your jicama fries.
- Within the Fridge: As soon as cooled, place your zucchini fries in an hermetic container or Ziploc bag. They’ll preserve within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Within the Freezer: You’ll be able to freeze your jicama fries after they’re baked. Anticipate them to chill, then freeze fries in a single layer on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet till stable. Switch to a zipper lock bag, take away extra air and return to the freezer. They are often saved within the freezer for 1 month.
- Reheat: Reheat leftovers within the air fryer for greatest outcomes. Alternatively, you may reheat them within the oven and bake them at 400 levels Fahrenheit.
- Cook dinner from Frozen: Air fry jicama fries till scorching and crispy. You are able to do the identical within the common oven as nicely, however an air fryer is your best choice for the job! It helps obtain that crispy French fry texture!
In a big bowl add the jicama and fill with water till lined.
Microwave for 10 minutes or till tender. (You can even boil them for five minutes on the range.)
Pressure and dry the jicama.
Add them to a bowl with the olive oil, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, parmesan, and salt and pepper.
Put them within the air fryer basket and cook dinner at 400 levels Fahrenheit for five minutes.
Shake the basket and cook dinner one other 5 minutes or till crispy.
Serve together with your favourite dipping sauce or ketchup.
Energy236kcal (12%)Carbohydrates28g (9%)Protein4g (8%)Fats13g (20%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats8gLdl cholesterol5mg (2%)Sodium122mg (5%)Potassium477mg (14%)Fiber15g (60%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A249IU (5%)Vitamin C61mg (74%)Calcium101mg (10%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.