tenth chapter of Charaka Indriya sthana offers about indicators indicative of impending sudden Demise. The chapter identify is Sadhyomaraniya Indriyam.
We will now discover the chapter on the “Indicators indicative of Impending sudden Demise”. Thus stated Lord Atreya[1-2]
Learn – Arishta Lakshanas – Ominous Indicators And Signs Indicating Dangerous Prognosis
Premonitory indicators of Sudden loss of life
O! Agnivesha, I shall describe individually the indicators indicative of sudden loss of life. The affected person stricken with these indicators doesn’t survive. They’re as follows:
- Intense thirst in a affected person affected by a painful and totally manifested (arduous tumor brought on by vitiated Vata) within the cardiac area will take away the life instantly.
- Motion of the vitiated Vata everywhere in the physique after producing laxity within the calf muscle tissues and irregularity within the construction of the nostril will trigger rapid loss of life.
- Growth of hiccup in a affected person who has dropping of the eyebrows and extreme burning sensation within the physique will take away his life nearly instantly.
- Distension of nape of the neck on each side (carotid areas of the neck) by the aggravated Vata shifting upwards in a affected person having diminution of blood and flesh will trigger rapid loss of life of the affected person.
- Affliction of the groins of a weak / emaciated affected person by the sudden aggravation of vata between the anus and the umbilicus; will trigger rapid loss of life.[3-8]
Learn – Dangerous Prognosis Of Ailments Primarily based On Desires and Shadows
- Stretching of the guidelines of ribs by the aggravated Vayu afflicting the chest of a affected person whose eyes are dilated and who feels Staimitya (as if lined with a moist fabric) will die instantly.
- Seizure (affliction) of each coronary heart and anus by strongly aggravated Vayu in a affected person who’s exceedingly weak will trigger loss of life instantaneously.
- Dyspnea brought on by the strongly aggravated Vayu after having stricken (seized) each the groin areas and the anus will trigger rapid loss of life of the affected person.
- Manufacturing of cutting-pain by Vayu on account of the affliction of umbilicus, urine, Bastishira (kidneys) and faeces will trigger instantaneous loss of life.
- A affected person whose whole physique has been pervaded by aggravated vata, if extreme blasting form of ache manifests in each the groins and if the particular person additionally has diarrhea and thirst he’ll die instantly.
- Incidence of diarrhea and thirst in a affected person whose whole physique is pervaded by aggravated Vata will die quickly.
- Incidence of diarrhoea and thirst in a affected person whose physique is swollen due to Shotharoga of Vatika kind will die nearly instantly. [9-15]
Learn – Shotha: Causes, Varieties, Therapy, Medicines
- Diarrhoea and thirst occurring in a affected person affected by tearing (cramp like) ache originating from abdomen and intestines will kill the affected person instantly.
- Thirst and acute spasm within the anal area occurring in a affected person affected by chopping / tearing kind of ache (cramp like) originating from colon nearly kills the affected person instantly.
- If in a affected person the aggravated vata getting localized within the colon causes unconsciousness and in addition produces gurgling sounds within the throat, it causes rapid loss of life of the affected person.
- Look of enamel as if adhered with mud, face as if lined with ashes and extreme perspiration everywhere in the physique as if the physique is sprinkled with water of sipra river and the physique can be chilly on account of sweating, the affected person will die instantly.
- If diarrhea, thirst, dyspnea, headache, unconsciousness, debility and groaning sound from the throat happen concurrently in a affected person he’s certain to die instantly. [16-20]
Learn – Dangerous Prognosis Primarily based On Odor, Contact, Style, Color And Voice
To sum up: The doctor who completely comprehends these indicators can very properly anticipate the survival or loss of life of the affected person. 
Thus ends the tenth chapter on the “indicators Indicative of Impending Sudden Demise” of the Indriya Part of Agnivesha’s work as redacted by Charaka.