This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Utilizing home made Greek seasoning is one of the simplest ways so as to add Mediterranean aptitude to your cooking! It mixes up in minutes and is ideal for including scrumptious zesty taste to your whole favourite meals.
Do-it-yourself seasonings are so recent and attractive! They add the very best enhance of taste to every little thing you prepare dinner, minus the preservatives and synthetic flavors! You’ll have to do that fajita seasoning, taco seasoning, and blackened seasoning subsequent!
Do-it-yourself Greek Seasoning Recipe
You all in all probability know by now that I like my home made seasonings. I exploit them in nearly every little thing I prepare dinner! Immediately’s addition is a scrumptious one and ideal for these of you that love Meditteranean delicacies! This Greek seasoning mixes up in simply minutes and is the right mix of spices you in all probability have already got in your pantry. It’s savory, zesty, peppery, and can improve any dish you add it to!
I like utilizing this as a rub for meat and fish, however it works nice for seasoning greens, too! You’re going to be stunned at how only a pinch of these things can actually convey a dish to life. It’s so scrumptious! It’s tremendous simple to customise, too, so you may alter the flavour to your liking. Let’s make some!
What’s Greek Seasoning Made Of?
This Greek seasoning is the very best mixture of savory and fragrant! You could find the measurements I used for every of those components under within the recipe card, however be happy so as to add kind of to your liking! Customizing your mix is the very best a part of this recipe.
- Dried Onion Flakes: Add sharp, savory taste.
- Garlic Powder: Including garlic is a should for a pop of savory taste.
- Dried Oregano: Has the very best candy, peppery taste. It additionally provides nice texture!
- Dried Basil: Basil is completely shiny and minty.
- Dried Dill Weed: Dill weed provides this seasoning the right zesty taste.
- Dried Marjoram: Marjoram has delicate taste and is sweet and fragrant.
- Dried Thyme: Thyme is earthy and minty, good for Greek dishes!
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper: Enhances the general taste of the seasoning.
- Floor Cinnamon and Nutmeg: (Optionally available) You’ll be able to add these in if you need your seasoning to have a touch of heat spice.
Can I Use Contemporary Herbs?
This is likely one of the few instances that I don’t advocate utilizing recent herbs as a result of your mix gained’t final as lengthy. Dried herbs have a for much longer shelf life than utilizing recent herbs. Due to their excessive moisture content material, recent herbs could develop mildew early on.
Easy methods to Make Do-it-yourself Greek Seasoning
It solely takes minutes to combine up this scrumptious seasoning! Upon getting it readily available, you’re going to need to put it on every little thing!
- Combine: In a small bowl, whisk collectively all the spice components till nicely blended.
- Retailer: Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months. Get pleasure from this seasoning as a dry rub on hen, fish, greens, or in dips.
Extra Methods to Get pleasure from Your Seasoning
Now that you’ve got this versatile mix of herbs and spices readily available, listed here are just a few easy methods to put it to use!
- Use as a Marinade: Use Greek seasoning as a marinade by combining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a couple of tablespoons Greek seasoning. Combine and marinate with 2 kilos of hen for half-hour earlier than grilling.
- For Salad Dressing: The herbs in Greek seasoning are good for including taste to your favourite salads. Merely combine a tablespoon of the seasonings in with vinegar or oil!
Storing Your Seasoning
So long as you retailer your seasoning in a cool, dry place, it’ll keep recent for as much as 6 months. I at all times wish to hold mine in an hermetic container or jar. Add it to your whole favourite meals for a pop of scrumptious taste!
In a small bowl, whisk collectively all the spice components till nicely blended.
Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months.
Get pleasure from this seasoning as a dry rub on hen, fish, greens, or in dips.
Use Greek seasoning as a marinade by combining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a couple of tablespoons Greek seasoning. Combine and marinate with 2 kilos of hen for half-hour earlier than grilling.
Serving1tablespoonEnergy16kcal (1%)Carbohydrates4g (1%)Protein1g (2%)Fats0.2gSaturated Fats0.1g (1%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.03gMonounsaturated Fats0.02gSodium933mg (39%)Potassium79mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A56IU (1%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium43mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.