This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
These scrumptious baked jicama fries are a low-carb various to French fries and are coated with savory seasonings! They’re oven-roasted for that good crispy, golden brown outer layer. You’re going to like them!
I’m all about do-it-yourself fries. They’re simply so good! If you happen to’re searching for extra wholesome options to French fries, attempt these zucchini fries, avocado fries, and candy potato fries!
Oven-Baked Jicama Fries Recipe
If you happen to’ve by no means tried them earlier than, jicamas are a Mexican yam that resemble a beet however have flesh much like a potato. The style of jicamas is gentle and candy and excellent for seasoning with your entire favourite flavors! However the very best promoting level, in my view, is the truth that this versatile root is tremendous low in carbs and sugars, making it a more healthy alternative for issues like fries! Put together to be a fan!
These jicama fries are insanely scrumptious. They’re seasoned with paprika, garlic, and shredded parmesan for taste you’ll LOVE! Jicama fries are tacky and savory with the very best trace of heat spice. One chunk of those and also you’ll be hooked! Mixed with the wonderful golden exterior they get, this can be a good health-conscious (and keto-friendly!) snack to have with out sacrificing taste and texture!
Elements You’ll Want
So long as you’ve received jicamas, the remainder of the components are probably in your pantry proper now! It solely takes just a few easy components to make these scrumptious, crispy fries. Measurements for every of those components may be discovered within the recipe card on the finish of the put up.
- Jicamas: Yow will discover these subsequent to different root greens on the grocery retailer. You’ll need them to be peeled and sliced earlier than you begin seasoning them.
- Olive Oil: Helps the seasonings stick and the outsides of the fries turn into good and crispy. Melted butter works too!
- Grated Parmesan: All the things is healthier with parmesan! It provides the very best tacky taste to those baked jicama fries. Strive grating your personal parmesan for the very best taste!
- Seasonings: I used a mix of minced garlic, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. You possibly can modify the quantity you add to your liking!
The way to Make Baked Jicama Fries
It solely takes just a few easy steps to make these wholesome jicama fries! They work nice as an appetizer or fast and simple snack.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 425 levels F.
- Add Jicama Slices to a Bowl: In a big bowl add the jicama and fill with water till coated.
- Blanch: Microwave for 10 minutes or till tender. (You too can boil them for five minutes on the range.)
- Dry: Pressure and dry the jicama.
- Season: Add them to a bowl with the olive oil, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, parmesan, and salt and pepper.
- Bake: Place on a baking sheet with parchment and bake for 25-Half-hour or till crispy.
- Serve: Serve with fry sauce or ketchup
Suggestions for Making the Finest Jicama Fries
This scrumptious fry various is one in every of my favorites. Listed below are just a few additional methods to ensure your batch seems completely!
- Blanch: Be sure you blanch your jicama slices earlier than you bake them! This may make the insides of your fries good and tender. I prefer to blanch my fries within the microwave. It’s hands-off and offers me time to arrange the seasoning!
- Extra Seasonings: These baked jicama fries are nice for customizing. In order for you a little bit extra spice, attempt including a pinch of cayenne pepper to your seasoning combine! Cajun and lemon pepper seasonings are additionally nice for switching issues up!
You’ve received to have some scrumptious dips to serve your jicama fries with! They add an additional increase of taste and are so creamy and scrumptious! These are just a few of my household’s favourite dips that we all the time have when do-it-yourself fries are round! I do know you’ll love them as a lot as we do. Yow will discover my full record of sauces and dips right here.
Storing Leftover Fries
These yummy fries by no means final lengthy at our home, however you’ll be able to retailer and luxuriate in them later you probably have leftovers!
- Within the Fridge: In an hermetic container, your jicama fries will final for as much as 4 days.
Observe: I all the time prefer to crisp up my fries a little bit once they’ve been refrigerated for just a few days. I like to recommend popping them within the oven on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes at 400 levels F.
Preheat oven to 425 levels F.
In a big bowl add the jicama and fill with water till coated.
Microwave for 10 minutes or till tender. (You too can boil them for five minutes on the range.)
Pressure and dry the jicama.
Add them to a bowl with the olive oil, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, parmesan, and salt and pepper.
Place on a baking sheet with parchment and bake for 25-Half-hour or till crispy.
Serve with fry sauce or ketchup.
Energy275kcal (14%)Carbohydrates31g (10%)Protein4g (8%)Fats16g (25%)Saturated Fats3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats10gLdl cholesterol5mg (2%)Sodium123mg (5%)Potassium527mg (15%)Fiber17g (68%)Sugar6g (7%)Vitamin A378IU (8%)Vitamin C67mg (81%)Calcium105mg (11%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary info is predicated on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.