When you love Mexican Avenue Corn Salad then you’re going to swoon over this scrumptious Avenue Corn Pasta Salad!
It’s made with corn, cilantro, cotija cheese, bell pepper, noodles, and tons of flavorful spices.
Straightforward Mexican Avenue Corn Salad
This Mexican-inspired road corn salad recipe is a fusion of pasta salad and elote. Mixed they make one depraved Mexican Avenue Corn Pasta Salad recipe that’s critically so good served at any get together or gathering.
Our Avenue Corn Salad is one in all our hottest salad recipes on Match Foodie Finds and we all know you’ll love this twist too. It’s made with bursting candy corn, tons of spices, cotija cheese, your favourite noodle, and a creamy cilantro lime dressing.
Why you’ll adore it!
Serves a Crowd
Straightforward to Put together
- Pasta: the very best type of pasta salad noodles are shorter/bite-sized. Be at liberty to choose your favourite.
- Corn: Corn is the star of the present. We’ve made this with each frozen corn and contemporary corn.
- Bell Pepper: any colour bell pepper works.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is thick and creamy. Ensure that to make use of plain Greek.
- Bitter cream: bitter cream provides a scrumptious tang to the sauce.
- Lime juice: citrus provides brightness to this salad.
- Pink onion: simply sufficient minced crimson onion is ideal in road corn pasta salad.
- Spices: spices wanted for the sauce embody chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Sorts of Corn You may Use
Frozen corn: frozen corn is certainly the simplest corn to make use of for this recipe.
Grilled corn: grilled corn on the cob is essentially the most scrumptious, however most work. Actually, it’s value it if in case you have the time to make use of contemporary corn!
Canned corn: don’t have frozen or contemporary corn? Use canned corn. Simply be certain to empty and rinse it.
- Prepare dinner corn: Warmth avocado oil in a forged iron skillet and add corn. Season the corn with the spices and pan-fry till the corn begins to show golden brown.
- Make the sauce: mix Greek yogurt, bitter cream, starchy pasta water, cotija cheese, lime juice, lime zest, and salsa.
- Prep veggies: finely cube the crimson onion and cube the bell pepper.
- Toss: mix corn, noodles, veggies, and sauce. Combine to mix. Add contemporary cilantro and blend once more. Serve and luxuriate in!
Add a protein: toss in any of your favourite cooked proteins to make this an entire meal.
Add extra veggies/beans: received extra veggies in your fridge? Strive including tomato, inexperienced onion, black beans, hominy, or jalapeño.
Swap up the noodle: don’t restrict your self to conchiglie noodles. Be at liberty to make use of what you’ve gotten!
Retailer leftover Mexican Avenue Corn Pasta Salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
Mexican Avenue Corn Pasta Salad
Mexican road corn pasta salad is a fusion between elote and pasta salad to provide you a flavorful, veggie-filled pasta salad to share.
Prepare dinner:15 minutes
- 16 oz. dried pasta we used conchiglie noodles
- ½ cup reserved starchy pasta water
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups frozen corn canned corn or contemporary corn reduce off the cob work too
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons flaked sea salt separated
- 1 cup Greek yogurt any % fats works
- ⅓ cup bitter cream
- 4- oz. Cotija cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lime juice
- Zest from 1 small lime
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 giant crimson bell pepper matchstick or chopped
- ½ medium crimson onion minced
- 1 cup contemporary cilantro roughly chopped
Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook dinner the pasta till al dente. Take away ½ cup of starchy pasta water from the pot and put aside for later. Pressure the pasta and set it apart for later.
Warmth a big forged iron skillet over medium/giant warmth. Add avocado oil to the skillet. When the avocado oil is aromatic and sizzling, add the minced garlic to the skillet. Let the garlic sauté for 1 minutes.
Add the corn to the skillet and toss with the garlic. Sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, paprika, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt over the corn and toss. Prepare dinner the corn till it begins to brown (about 10 minutes). Be sure you toss the corn periodically so it doesn’t burn on the underside of the pan. Take away the skillet from warmth and let cool briefly.
As soon as the corn has cool a bit, add the Greek yogurt, bitter cream and ¼ cup of the starchy pasta water to a big bowl and whisk them collectively. Add the remaining salt, cotija, lime juice, lime zest, and salsa and stir to mix.
Add the pasta to the sauce and toss after which add the cooked corn, crimson pepper, and onion to the pasta. Toss once more till the entire substances are coated. If you need it a bit saucier, you possibly can add a bit of bit extra starchy pasta water.
Lastly, add the cilantro to the pasta salad and toss one final time. Salt and pepper to style and luxuriate in.
Ideas & Notes
- If the pasta salad sauce remains to be too thick after including ¼ cup of the pasta water, add one other 1-2 tablespoons till it reaches the specified consistency.
- We used frozen corn however we’ve got examined this with contemporary corn, too.
- The flavour of the sauce will decide what sort of salsa you utilize.
Energy: 496kcal Carbohydrates: 87g Protein: 19g Fats: 11g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 4g
Pictures: photographs taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.