Welcome to The Betty Rocker Present, the place to be to nourish your thoughts, love your physique, and rock your life.
As we speak I’m speaking to physique language professional, Linda Clemons and we’re going to get into these components of communication which can be non verbal – all these occasions we have to draw on our instinct to assist us decode what individuals really imply.
Perhaps you’d wish to know the best way to inform if somebody is mendacity or telling the reality. Or perhaps you’d wish to consciously use your personal physique language to construct extra belief in your relationship, or present up extra confidently at work so that you get observed for that huge promotion. These are just a few examples of how we are able to use physique language to provide us the sting relating to speaking.
Linda Clemons is the CEO of Sisterpreneur® Inc, which educates and empowers feminine entrepreneurs. She is an award-winning, record-setting gross sales producer. A physique language professional skilled and authorized in Analytic Interviewing and Assertion Evaluation (a course of used to detect deception) Linda is among the high world gross sales trainers, aiding her shoppers in producing over two billion in gross sales.
A few of her shoppers embrace the FBI, main airline and resort corporations, Spanx, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Main League Baseball, and extra. She has shared the stage with Oprah Winfrey, President Obama, Dr. Condoleezza Rice, and Steve Wozniak to call a number of.
I’ve had the privilege of seeing Linda in motion, and was even an instance in certainly one of her reside talks. It’s actually superb to witness how she appears to be studying the minds of everybody within the room together with her means to decipher physique language. To cite from her website: “There Are A whole bunch of Specialists, However Solely One Linda Clemons.”
She’s right here immediately to interrupt down a few of her ideas and tips, and depart you with some actionable steps you should use immediately to crack the physique language code. Get able to take notes, and be part of me in welcoming her to the present!
Linda references this nice quote from Grace Lichtenstein on her web site: “Work for a trigger, not for applause. Stay life to precise, to not impress. Don’t attempt to make your presence observed. Simply make your absence felt.”
Linda Clemons is a charismatic speaker and company coach with greater than three many years’ expertise serving to shoppers enhance their gross sales. As a nonverbal communications professional, she offers gross sales and management groups with an consciousness of how physique language can enhance efficiency and outcomes.
In This Episode You’ll Uncover:
Meet Linda Clemons [1:09]
- Linda’s background
- The advantage of creating extra confidence in our self-presentation
Why physique language is such an vital facet of communication (2:48)
- Non-verbal communication is our first language
- How our ideas translate into our physique
- Intro to limbic system
- How our emotions translate into our communication
- The congruency of our phrases, tone and non-verbal communication
“I can not hear what you’re saying, as a result of who you’re being is getting in the best way.”
Unpacking the limbic system and the way that pertains to your instinct (5:37)
- The amygdala and its objective
- The combat or flight response
- How the amygdala drives communication
- Good friend or foe?
- The completely different components of the mind
Disruptors that influence our means to take heed to our instinct (7:56)
- Why you could really feel conflicted whereas receiving messages from pals, household and social media
- Your intestine feeling and the way it connects to your instinct
- The frustration we might really feel with blended messages
How can we spot lies and incongruencies? (10:14)
- The baseline in non-verbal communication
- Studying non-verbals in clusters
- Be sure that there may be congruency: of their phrases, tonality and physique language
- What’s the context of the communication?
- What’s the cultural tone of the communication?
As we speak’s podcast is delivered to you by ROCK YOUR LIFE, my on-line residence exercise studio and uplifting girls’s health neighborhood the place you’ll be able to take as many 30-day challenges as you want for constant, sustainable progress. For added selection, we provide 5 new courses every week, wholesome recipes, a personal girls’s solely assist neighborhood and MORE!
Utilizing our highly effective empathy to see past incongruent physique language cues [22:13]
- We will’t assume we all know what individuals are going by way of
- Remembering to marvel about somebody’s story
- Seeing past gender, ethnicity, monetary background
- Being current in different individuals’s presence
The lean in [25:22]
- What we lean into
- What we lean away from
- How our ideas and reactions translate into our bodily responses
Growing and deepening our empathy, instinct and self-expression [27:53]
- Understanding the indicators we ourselves are placing out
- Expressing ourselves in alignment with our intentions
- Utilizing your tone to precise the intention you could have for the communication
- Physique postures that categorical completely different feeling states
Opening up your energy zones (32:08)
- What the place of your energy zones is speaking
- The throat, the guts, the stomach and the groin
- The way it feels to speak with somebody whose coronary heart is open vs. closed
How our emotions shade our physique language (34:21)
- How our physique language expresses our feelings about individuals from our previous relationships
- Whereas we might be able to say we really feel one thing, our physique language might categorical one thing else
- How understanding this in your self may also help you see when others are being untruthful
This podcast is delivered to you by I Vanilla Protein Powder, my 100% natural, complete meals mix of 4 plant protein sources that delivers 20 grams of protein to your physique in a tasty vanilla shake to assist your energetic life!
How working in your power, posture and alignment can enhance your confidence [39:55]
- How continual sitting and laptop work can put us into unintentionally closed off posture
- How creating our bodily power may also help us develop psychological power
- “What we take into consideration, we be about”
- Self expression decisions (like garments) relate to our psychological state
Utilizing energy stances to extend your confidence [42:24]
- Guided energy stance
- Noticing the best way you are feeling once you open your self up
- How the mind will get indicators from the physique positions
- The self-discipline of the physique is commonly perceived in enterprise as a self-discipline of the thoughts
The self worth we really feel once we deal with our our bodies (45:38)
- Profiting from the time we have now
- Getting in tune with our instinct and the indicators we’re sending out
- Growing the indicators others are sending us
This Week’s Problem(s) [46:40]
Our phrases are 7% of our communication. Our tonality is 38% of our communication. Our non-verbal is 55% of our communication. Your phrases are energy, your tone is highly effective, however your physique language is crucial.
Your problem: observe changing into a tone grasp, and bear in mind in case your BODY LANGUAGE is congruent along with your phrases and your tone.
Join with Linda Clemons:
Arising subsequent: Arising subsequent I’m speaking to Amisha Klawonn, an Embodiment and Sleep Coach, Yoga Therapist, and Integrative Bodily Therapist. She applies many points of girls’s well being in her observe, together with polyvagal idea and hormone well being, and attracts from her integrative bodily remedy experience within the areas of visceral mobilization and holistic look after the entire particular person.
We’ll be moving into many sensible ideas you should use in your life to ask in additional steadiness, deeper relaxation and extra self love. I’m wanting ahead to sharing that dialog with you!
Love The Betty Rocker Present? We do too! Share it with your pals, and subscribe in your favourite podcast participant to be alerted when new exhibits drop!
Love The Betty Rocker Present? We do too!
Share it with your pals, and subscribe in your favourite podcast
participant to be alerted when new exhibits drop!
ABOUT THE BETTY ROCKER SHOW:
Be a part of me for open and thought frightening discussions about well being, health, and the best way to
cease undermining ourselves – and begin taking significant motion that makes us
function fashions to others…
….and, eavesdrop on my intimate conversations with superb thought leaders, well being care
professionals, athletes and celebrities to be taught their secrets and techniques and insights for
overcoming life’s challenges, residing longer, more healthy, stronger and extra
New exhibits are launched each different week throughout Season 2 of The Betty Rocker Present.
The publish S2 – 11: Decoding Physique Language with Linda Clemons appeared first on The Betty Rocker.