Scallops pair fantastically with candy summer time corn and tomatoes, made creamy with Boursin cheese. Simply 6 elements, not counting salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Scallops with Corn and Tomatoes
This scallops and contemporary corn recipe is the proper meal to eat in the summertime! It’s a restaurant-quality dish that takes simply minutes to make and is elevated with in-season produce. They are saying meals that grows collectively goes collectively, which it’s so true. The entire produce got here proper from my backyard or farmers market. Extra recipes utilizing summer time corn, attempt my Corn Tomato Avocado Salad, Mexican Corn Salad, and Corn Chowder.
How do you make a very good sear on a scallop?
Listed here are the 2 most necessary issues to do to make sure a very good sear on a scallop:
- Pat Dry: Rinse off the scallops in case there’s any sand on them after which pat them dry with a paper towel. In the event that they’re too moist, they’ll steam as a substitute of sear.
- Sizzling Pan: Prepare dinner the scallops in a extremely scorching skillet. As soon as it’s heated, add the scallops however don’t contact them till you’re able to flip them.
How Lengthy to Prepare dinner Scallops
Scallops cook dinner in beneath 5 minutes. Sear them for a couple of minutes till the bottoms type a caramel-colored crust, about 2 minutes. Then flip them over and cook dinner for an additional minute or so till the facilities are barely translucent and the bottoms are seared.
Learn how to Make Creamy Corn
Now that we’ve coated learn how to cook dinner scallops, let’s discuss this creamy corn! There’s nothing higher than in-season corn. Take it to the subsequent degree and blend it with some Boursin cheese – what might be higher?
- To take away the corn from the cob, stand the cob up on a clear dish towel and run a knife down it. Then seize the ends of the dish towel and pour the corn into the new skillet.
- Season the corn with salt and cook dinner for a few minutes.
- Add the Boursin cheese and water and cook dinner for an additional minute.
- Take away the corn from the warmth and stir within the tomatoes.
- Don’t like scallops? Use shrimp as a substitute.
- Don’t have contemporary corn? Sub frozen corn.
- No chives? Attempt basil or rosemary.
- No cherry tomatoes? Swap them with grape tomatoes.
Your feedback are useful!! In case you’ve tried this scallops and corn recipe or another recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t neglect to fee the recipe and go away me a remark beneath! I’d love to listen to your ideas, variations and suggestions. And in case you took some photographs of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can re-share on my tales!
Extra Summer season Corn Recipes You’ll Love:
Seared Scallops with Creamy Corn, Tomatoes and Chives
Scallops pair fantastically with candy summer time corn and tomatoes, made creamy with Boursin cheese.
- 3 cups corn, contemporary or frozen (from 4 massive ears)
- 1/2 cup Boursin cheese, garlic and herb or chive
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 massive sea scallops, about 16 oz
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to style
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- chives, for garnish
Wash scallops and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to style.
Warmth a big skillet on a excessive warmth. When pan is scorching, soften the butter and place the scallops within the pan.
Sear with out touching them for a couple of minutes till the underside kinds a pleasant caramel coloured crust.
Flip over and cook dinner about one other minute or 2, till the middle is barely translucent (you possibly can verify this by viewing them from the facet) and the underside is seared. Watch out to not overcook.
Take away from the pan and put aside on a heat plate.
Add 1 teaspoon oil and the corn, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook dinner, till nearly tender, 2 to three minutes.
Add the Boursin cheese and three to 4 tablespoons water and cook dinner, 1 to 2 minutes extra, stirring.
Take away from warmth, stir within the tomatoes and divide on 4 plates. Prime with scallops and contemporary chives, for garnish.
Serving: 4oz scallops, 1 cup veggies, Energy: 269kcal, Carbohydrates: 27.5g, Protein: 19g, Fats: 11g, Saturated Fats: 6g, Ldl cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 620mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 9g
Key phrases: scallops corn tomatoes, scallops with corn, sea scallops, summer time recipes