These scrumptious stuffed zucchini boats are made with yummy floor beef taco meat, corn, recent cilantro, and cheddar cheese.
Greatest Floor Beef Stuffed Zucchini!
This stuffed zucchini recipe needs to be one in all our new favourite summer season meals. It makes use of hollowed-out zucchini to deal with a yummy floor beef taco meat that’s made with corn, black beans, and cilantro.
The key to excellent stuffed zucchini is to ensure you don’t overcook your zucchini. There’s nothing worse than mushy zucchini. For this reason you solely must bake it at 350ºF for round quarter-hour!
Why you’ll find it irresistible!
Simple, seasonal meal
- Zucchini: Zucchini is the star of the present! You’ll want 3 massive zucchinis for this recipe. Be at liberty to sub for summer season squash as an alternative.
- Floor beef: we’re utilizing floor beef for our taco meat, however floor hen or turkey would additionally work.
- Taco seasoning: we love utilizing our home made taco seasoning when attainable as a result of it doesn’t use fillers.
- Black beans: black beans add fiber and protein.
- Corn: corn provides coloration and a pop of sweetness to each chunk.
- Crema: desk crema helps give the taco meat stuffing a creamy consistency.
- Cheddar cheese: the extra cheddar the higher!
- Cilantro: make sure that to make use of recent cilantro.
diy taco seasoning
Ditch the store-bought taco seasoning for this tremendous flavorful clear ingredient taco seasoning. Made with the next substances that you simply seemingly have in your spice cabinet already:
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Coarse sea salt
- Purple pepper flakes
- Floor black pepper
- Floor oregano
- Smoked paprika
Get the total home made taco seasoning HERE.
- Prep zucchini: Slice the zucchini in half scorching canine type. Then, use a small melon scooper to scoop the insides out of your zucchini. Place the zucchini on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Make taco meat: cook dinner floor beef in taco seasoning for 5-7 minutes. Then, add the black beans, corn, crema, and cheddar cheese. Combine to mix.
- Stuff the zucchini: stuff every zucchini with 3-4 tablespoons of the taco filling. Then, prime with extra cheese.
- Bake: bake stuffed zucchini boats at 350ºF for round quarter-hour or till your zucchini reaches the specified doneness.
Let stuffed zucchini cool utterly. Then, tightly wrap it in a chunk of tin foil and take away as a lot air as attainable. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Bake stuffed zucchini at 350ºF for round quarter-hour to get zucchini that ISN’T mush and nonetheless has a pleasant chunk.
There are round 330 energy per serving for stuffed zucchini.
Retailer stuffed zucchini in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days within the fridge.
To reheat: reheat within the microwave on excessive for 60-90 seconds.
- 3 massive zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. floor beef we used 85/15 floor beef
- 2 tablespoons home made taco seasoning or retailer purchased
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup black beans drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup candy corn
- ¼ cup desk crema
- ½ cup + 6 tablespoons shredded mexican cheddar cheese mix separated
- ½ cup recent cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons purple onion minced
Ideas & Notes
- We don’t bake the zucchini earlier than we stuff them in order that the zucchini has a chunk to them slightly than being mushy. If you want a softer zucchini, bake the zucchinis for 5-10 minutes earlier than including the bottom beef.
- When you should not have desk crema you need to use bitter cream as an incredible substitute.
- Retailer-bought taco seasoning tends to be a bit saltier than home made taco seasoning. Please be cautious of this and style your taco meat earlier than including extra salt.
Energy: 328kcal Carbohydrates: 9g Protein: 19g Fats: 24g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g