This straightforward summer season squash pasta is prepared in half-hour. It’s veggie packed and is the right use for summer season squash and zucchini from the backyard. You serve this pasta with recent burrata that makes it creamy and scrumptious.
Summer time Squash Pasta
Do you’ve got additional zucchini to make use of out of your backyard? This summer season squash pasta makes use of yellow squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and extra. It’s a summer season backyard pasta with a easy sauce and topped with scrumptious burrata and a balsamic glaze.
The perfect a part of this pasta is that it is rather straightforward make!
Why you’ll like it!
The reason why you’ll like it.
This pasta is flavorful, however really easy to make!
You may make this pasta your personal by including various kinds of greens or herbs.
It tastes identical to summer season in a skillet!
- Zucchini and yellow squash: we use one medium zucchini and one medium yellow squash (or two small zucchinis and two small yellow squash) sliced about the identical dimension. Zucchinis and yellow squash are available all sizes and styles so don’t fret if you must use completely different sizes. Extra veggies are at all times a great factor on this pasta.
- Pasta: use no matter pasta your little coronary heart wishes. We used rigatoni noodles.
- Burrata: burrata is a creamy and scrumptious cheese that’s to be added to the pasta (room temperature or chilly) proper earlier than serving. Don’t attempt to combine the burrata into the sauce, it can seize and clump.
- Balsamic glaze: a bit of balsamic glaze will add the right quantity of sweetness and tartness to this pasta proper earlier than serving.
- Prepare dinner the pasta. Deliver a big pot of salted (like actually salty) water to a boil and add the pasta. Prepare dinner the pasta till al dente. Take away 1 cup of pasta water from the pot and put aside for later.
- Sauté the veggies. Add the oil to a big skillet and sauté the onion for a couple of minutes earlier than including tomatoes and garlic to the pan. Prepare dinner the tomatoes within the skillet for about 5 minutes till the start to burst.
- Let the sauce simmer. Deglaze the pan with the wine, add the tomato paste to the skillet, and add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the pan and whisk. Let the sauce simmer and scale back for about 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash. Add the slices of zucchini and yellow squash to the sauce and toss. Let the zucchinis cook dinner for 4-5 minutes, however not a lot that they get mushy. Each range prime is completely different!
- Toss every little thing collectively. Add the pasta, salt, purple pepper flakes, to the skillet and toss all the substances collectively. Let the pasta heat within the skillet earlier than eradicating the pasta from the warmth.
- Add toppings. Add the recent herbs, burrata, and the balsamic glaze to the pasta and revel in!
right here’s a tip
Use a mandolin to slice the zucchini and yellow squash to verify they’re all about the identical dimension.
Newest Pasta Recipes
Summer time squash and zucchini are the identical vegetable. Be at liberty to substitute one for the opposite.
The burrata is supposed to be served at room temperature or chilly on prime of heat pasta. Don’t attempt to combine the burrata into the new pasta, particularly over direct warmth.
Yellow squash and zucchini are each part of the squash household and can be utilized interchangeably.
Sure, you possibly can freeze summer season squash or zucchini. Slice the veggies and ensure they aren’t moist. Place the slices right into a freezer protected bag and place them within the freeze for as much as 3 months.
You’ll be able to add a wide range of substances to this pasta dish. Be at liberty so as to add your favourite veggies or cheeses to this dish.
Let this summer season squash cool fully earlier than storing it in an air tight container for as much as 3 days.
To reheat: reheat this pasta by inserting the pasta in a skillet and including a bit of extra water or wine and warmth the pasta over low warmth, stirring till heat.
- 8 oz. dried rigatoni
- 1 cup reserved starchy pasta water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil separated
- ½ massive purple onion chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons salt separated
- 5 garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup sauvignon blanc
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons freshly floor pepper
- ½ teaspoon purple pepper flakes
- 1 medium yellow summer season squash or 2 small
- 1 medium zucchini or 2 small
- 3-4 recent basil leaves ripped
- 3-4 recent mint leaves ripped
- 8 oz. burrata we used 4 2-oz. balls however you should use 2, 4-oz. balls as nicely
- 1 tablespoons balsamic glaze
Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook dinner till al dente. Earlier than straining the pasta, put aside 1 cup of the pasta water for later. Pressure the pasta and set it apart for later.
Subsequent, warmth a big skillet with sides over medium/excessive warmth. Add 1.5 Tbsp of olive oil. When the olive oil is aromatic, add the onion to the pan and season with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add the garlic and cherry tomatoes to the skillet and season with an extra ¼ teaspoon of salt. Toss all the substances collectively and sauté for an extra 4-5 minutes.
Deglaze the pan with the sauvignon blanc after which add the tomato paste and ½ cup of the pasta water to the skillet. Whisk the tomato paste into the liquid and let the substances cook dinner down for 1 minute.
Add the summer season squash and zucchini to the skillet, including the remainder of the olive oil excessive of the zucchinis. Season the squash with ½ teaspoon of the salt and sauté for 4-6 minutes, tossing with the tomato and onion combination. Stir sometimes.
Subsequent, toss the squash with the remainder of the greens and sauce and season with pepper and purple pepper flakes.
Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, together with the remaining pasta water and toss all the substances collectively. Let the pasta heat within the sauce because it thickens for 2-3 minutes.
Take away the skillet from the warmth. Prime the pasta with the basil and mint after which place the burrata on prime of the pasta. Drizzle the burrata with balsamic glaze and extra olive oil (if desired).
Serve with freshly cracked pepper.
Ideas & Notes
- Summer time squash and zucchini are the identical vegetable. Be at liberty to substitute one for the opposite.
- The burrata is supposed to be served at room temperature or chilly on prime of heat pasta. Don’t attempt to combine the burrata into the new pasta, particularly over direct warmth.
Energy: 350kcal Carbohydrates: 37g Protein: 13g Fats: 17g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g