Jul 27, 2022
Catholic sculptor Christopher Alles joins the podcast for an
introduction to the artwork of sculpture, particularly in its formal
qualities. Alles largely does fee work for the Church, and
the theoretical factors on this dialog are illuminated by
references to a few of his current works, together with a
work-in-progress Pieta and his monumental sculpture of St.
Joseph, Patron of a Joyful Dying.
- Collaboration with patrons in commissioned work
- The iconographic custom in sculpture vs portray
- Drawing as the foundation of each sculpting and portray
- The challenges of modeling type based mostly on anatomy with out being
enslaved to literal accuracy
- The ornamental and the illustrative points of visible artwork
Watch this interview on YouTube https://youtu.be/7LnWSNQKfqc
Thomas Mirus, “’A Peering’ on the Sheen Middle”