Love, Simon is the 2018 movie adaptation of Becky Albertalli’s YA novel Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, printed in 2015. The movie follows Simon Spier (Nick Robinson), a closeted homosexual highschool pupil. He spends most of his time together with his loving household and three greatest associates, however he fears that popping out would disrupt the peace and alter the way in which they see him. When an nameless pupil comes out on-line, Simon reaches out to him, maintaining his personal identification a secret as properly. The 2 start corresponding about what it’s prefer to be closeted in highschool, however one other pupil discovers Simon’s secret and threatens to disclose his identification to the entire faculty. Whereas Simon tries to determine who he’s speaking to on-line, he’s compelled to determine how he’s going to come back out to his family and friends earlier than he’s outed in opposition to his will.
The movie is usually upbeat and leans into the cinematic high quality of coming-of-age. Lots of the songs on the soundtrack are produced and carried out by Jack Antonoff of Bleachers. Just like the story itself, the soundtrack is gentle and lends the movie an optimistic high quality. Listed here are a number of the greatest songs featured in Love, Simon.
- Rollercoaster by Bleachers
- Strawberries & Cigarettes by Troye Sivan
- Love Me by The 1975
- The Oogum Boogum Track by Brenton Wooden
- I Wanna Dance With Someone (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston
- Preserving a Secret by Bleachers
- Wild Coronary heart by Bleachers
- Waterloo Sundown by The Kinks
- No one Communicate by DJ Shadow & Run the Jewels
- Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett
- Heaven by Warrant